Thursday, January 22, 2009

blog #13

This year marks my fourth year on the Edina Swim Team. I myself can definitely see how I have improved and gained strength as well as improved in form as a swimmer. This past summer we all were witness to Michael Phelps as he caught the attention of the world by taking home 8 gold medals. Michael is 23 years old and stands 6'4" tall. His dedication to the sport as well as his discipline to train is outstanding. He has been quoted as saying "My goal is to change
the sport of swimming." I think this in his behalf is an understatement. His eight gold metals is a record for any Olympic athlete and in doing so make himself an overnight celebrity. Proud and exhausted after 17 races in eight events, he finished with a huge grin and a plan: "I'm going to sit on the beach and do nothing he said. "I'm sleeping in."
-people

No comments: